Tank Wash Technician
- - Tank Wash
- Lake Wales, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Major Medical Package, Paid Vacation and Holidays, 401K Retirement Plan
It is the responsibility and duty of each Oakley employee to support and uphold the Oakley Service Excellence Standards, and together we will share in our organizations success.
Safe – Observe safe practices, work environment, and equipment. Report unsafe conditions.
Reliable – Sense of urgency, be on time, perform efficiently, and complete tasks.
Accurate – You are accountable for the accuracy of your work and that of your team.
Image – Maintain a clean and professional appearance of work area, terminal property and equipment. Be courteous in all communication.
- The Tank Wash Technican is responsible for maintaining our culture that all Oakley employees live to create trust and confidence by consistently delivering on our promises to all we serve.
- Ability to communicate verbally and basic computer knowledge.
- Have ability to climb to heights of 14ft or more and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to read and understand tank wash schedule.
- Support the food safety and quality requirements by through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with company, customer and FDA requirements.
- Report quality and food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action to the Director of Quality.
- Ability to perform all necessary cleaning of cargo tanks interior and exterior following the organizations Standard Operating Procedures and company policies.
- Follow the directions of the tank wash supervisor.
- Follow the JPA guidelines on tank wash procedures.
- Coordinate specific work tasks with other personnel within the unit or department as well as with other units and departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in and supports the adherence to all internal policies,procedures and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the company's compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Reports pertinent information to the supervisor as requested or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate company personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area or to request from customer, other company personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate yard vehicles around the yard in a safe manner. Maintain a clean tank wash area per JPA standards.
- Maintain proper storage of cleaning of cleaning apparatus.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the policies and procedures whenever Federal State and local laws require.
WHAT LEVEL OF FORMALIZED TRAINING IS SUGGESTED?
- High school graduate
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE IS SUGGESTED?
- 6 months to 1 year
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- PC/Laser Printer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
- Stand most of day
- Occasional lifting of heavy loads
- Long hours
- Other physical demands
- Repetitive and sustained physical effort
- Lifting light to moderate weights and occasionally lifting heavy weights (50+)
WHAT LEVEL OF CONTACT IS REQUIRED?
- Within one's own Departmental unit
- Contact with other Departmental units
- Occasional customer/public contact
NATURE OF CONTACT REQUIRED
- Ordinary courtesy
WHAT IS THE REQUIRED ANALYTICAL DEMAND/LEVEL OF JUDGMENT?
- Assignments are repetitive
- Assignments follow established practice
- Assignments require some investigation and some independent judgment
REQUIREMENT TO SUPERVISE OTHERS' WORK
- Does not supervise others
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of associates so classified. The list of duties is not exhaustive in the sense that the incumbents may be assigned other duties in addition to those shown. All employees of the Company are expected to:
a) Promote positive work habits including effective and timely communication, teamwork and respect for co-workers.
b) Provide constructive guidance to other employees and representatives of third parties.
c) Contribute to providing the highest quality of products and services to customers.
We create trust and confidence by consistently delivering on our promises to all we serve!