Dispatcher 2nd Shift/Driver Manager
- - Operations
- FL, USA
- Full Time
- Major Medical Package, Paid Vacation and Holidays, 401K Retirement Plan
Manage Oakley Transport driver fleet and customer accounts. This includes achieving maximum fleet productivity and profitability as well as insuring safe standards of operation are practiced while meeting all customer pickup and delivery requirements.
Dispatching also includes the following:
- Support the food safety and quality requirements by through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with company, customer and FDA requirements
- Report quality and food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action to the Director of Quality
- Provide complete load information, including routing and directions to ensure drivers are fully prepared for work assignment.
- Ensure driver success through relationship building, effective communication, positive recognition and timely addressing of issues (personal and performance related).
- Listen and communicate effectively with other non-driving staff concerning pertinent matters
- Track entire Oakley Transport orders to ensure ultimate service is being provided to each customer. Communicate all probable service failures to the entire customer base
- Function as a liaison between the driver and other departments to facilitate problems resolution.
- Anticipate and evaluate problems and situations and draw logical conclusions and implement practical solutions.
- Ensure data is accurate and up to date