- - Maintenance
- Lake Wales, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Major Medical Package, Paid Vacation and Holidays, 401K Retirement Plan
It is the responsibility and duty of each Oakley employee to support and uphold the Oakley Service Excellence Standards, and together we will share in our organizations success.
Safe – Observe safe practices, work environment, and equipment. Report unsafe conditions.
Reliable – Sense of urgency, be on time, perform efficiently, and complete tasks.
Accurate – You are accountable for the accuracy of your work and that of your team.
Image – Maintain a clean and professional appearance of work area, terminal property and equipment. Be courteous in all communication.
- The Trailer Technican is responsible for maintaining our culture that all Oakley employees live to create trust and confidence by consistently delivering on our promises to all we serve.
The Trailer Technician serves to follow the Oakley service standards.
The Trailer Technician's function is to perform preventative maintenance of the trailers.
Follows direction of the Trailer Shop Manager and the Lead Technician.
- Perform preventative maintenance on trailers to include brakes, bearings, ABS, and pump repair.
- Completes VIK certification.
- Participates in and takes on-call rotation.
- Proficient in AS400.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and adhere to daily schedule.
- Any other job duties as defined. Must be willing to be cross trained as needed.
- Report any safety violations immediately.
- Ensures work area is kept clean.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- VIK certified or able to become once employed
- Familiar with DOT compliance
- Must have own tools
- Current driver's license
WHAT LEVEL OF FORMALIZED TRAINING IS SUGGESTED?
- High school graduate
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE IS SUGGESTED?
- 1 to 3 years
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Personal Computer
- PC/Laser Printer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
- Stand most of day
- Frequent lifting of heavy loads
- Other physical demands
- Repetitive and sustained physical effort
- Lifting light to moderate weights and occasionally lifting heavy weights (50+)
WHAT LEVEL OF CONTACT IS REQUIRED?
- Within one's own Departmental unit
- Contact with other Departmental units
- Occasional customer/public contact
NATURE OF CONTACT REQUIRED
- Ordinary courtesy
- Persuasion, selling
WHAT IS THE REQUIRED ANALYTICAL DEMAND/LEVEL OF JUDGMENT?
- Assignments are repetitive
- Assignments follow established practice
- Assignments require some investigation and some independent judgment
- Assignments require individual completion and independent judgment in making a decision
- Assignments require extensive investigation and interpretation in making a decision
REQUIREMENT TO SUPERVISE OTHERS' WORK
- Does not supervise others
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of associates so classified. The list of duties is not exhaustive in the sense that the incumbents may be assigned other duties in addition to those shown. All employees of the Company are expected to:
a) Promote positive work habits including effective and timely communication, teamwork and respect for co-workers.
b) Provide constructive guidance to other employees and representatives of third parties.
c) Contribute to providing the highest quality of products and services to customers.
We create trust and confidence by consistently delivering on our promises to all we serve!